Thursday, 13 December 2012

2012: My Year in Books



I am a big fan of The Millions, a marvellous website dedicated to reading. I enjoy looking at people's reading lists as much as I enjoy reading books. I also enjoy reading TV listings, I go through the Christmas issue of the Radio Times with a highlighter pen and if ever I encounter a photograph of someones home, I squint my eyes in desperation to determine the title of every book/cd/film on their bookcase and then I judge them, I'm that kind of person. With this in mind and in the hope that I attract a similar kind of reader to myself, I have made a list of every book I have read in 2012 and above is a picture of my bookshelf, you are quite welcome to squint your eyes and judge me...

The Sense of an Ending - Julian Barnes

Pigeon English - Stephen Kelman

Snow Drops - AD Miller

Still Missing - Beth Gutcheon

Half Blood Blues - Esi Edugyan

The Sisters Brothers - Patrick Dewitt

Jamrach's Menagerie - Carol Birch

Seven Spiritual Laws of Success - Deepak Chopra

Why Be Happy When You Can Be Normal - Jeannete Winterson

Before I go to Sleep - SJ Watson

Zen & the Art of Motorcycle Maintenence - Robert J Pirzig

Breath - Tim Winton

Chronicle of a Death Foretold - Gael Garcia Marquez

The Boy in the Suitcase - Lene Kaaberol and Agnette Friis

The Leftovers - Tom Perrotta

The Patchwork Planet - Anne Tyler

Earthly Possessions - Anne Tyler

Breathing Lessons - Anne Tyler

The Comfort of Strangers - Ian McEwan

Black Dogs - Ian McEwan

King of the Badgers - Philip Hensher

Dinner at The Homesick Restaurant - Anne Tyler

Norweigan Wood - Haruki Marukami

1Q84 - Haruki Marukami

Post Office - Charles Bukowski

How to be a Woman - Caitlin Moran

Low Boy - John Wray

The Art of Fielding - Chad Harback

Foreskin's Lament - Shalam Auslander

Slaughterhouse 5 - Kurt Vonnegut

The Life of Pi - Yan Martel

Goldfinger - Ian Flemming

Girls - Nic Kelman

Charles Dickens: A Life - Claire Tomalin

No comments:

Post a Comment