Saturday, 18 September 2010

Twin Peaks (1990 - 91)


Twenty years ago, my fourteen year old self would be tucked up in bed with the quilt pulled tightly under my chin and the portable black and white television at the foot of my bed on and ready for the broadcast of the best television series I would ever watch in my life. This year marks the 20th anniversary of the first UK broadcast of  a show that brought us damn fine coffee, cherry pie, the log lady, a middle-aged eye-patch wearing cheerleader, visions of dancing dwarfs, horses and giants and all in a place where the owls are not what they seem. David Lynch’s Twin Peaks. It is as fresh and terrifying today as it was when it first aired in 1990.

Click Here to visit a gallery of images from the show.

Below is one of the scariest scenes of all time...

1 comment:

  1. Me too, and then we could talk about it on the Cherry's bus the next day. How I wish I was independently wealthy so I could watch repeats of Twin Peaks all day. (In my Hollywood Hills mansion.) x

    ReplyDelete